So today I’m going to show you a bit of an unconventional way to prepare root veggies. Let’s have root veggies for brekkie. Now strange enough yet? Let’s add cinnamon and vanilla and make it sweet. Still too normal? Let’s roast the whole thing and put it on to your yogurt. Yep, that’s exactly what we’re going to make today and trust me this is going to taste absolutely delicious. Not at all strange or like something that shouldn’t be sharing a plate.
Sometimes the oddest combinations turn out to be most delicious.
The maple syrup and the wintery spices really bring out the sweetness in of the beets and the sweet potato. The apple adds a nice tartness to balance everything and to add some crunch at the end just sprinkle it with your favourite granola and some pomegranate seed for that kick of freshness and you’re good to go.
Roasted Root Veggies for breakfast, why not?!
Have fun with the recipe!
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- ½ beet, cubed
- 1 apple, cubed
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil , melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs cranberries
- Additional ingredients:
- 250g yogurt of your choice, I used unsweetened soy yogurt
- granola of choice*
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place veggies in a dish and mix with coconut oil, maple syrup and spices. Bake for 20 minutes. After baking mix in the cranberries.
- Serve on yogurt with granola*. I also added a tiny drizzle of maple syrup and a few pomegranate seeds