Anyone looking for a perfect autumn dinner recipe? How about this mushroom stuffed pumpkin with walnuts, kale and pomegrabate?
Delicious recipe for your autumn dinner paerty!
This tasty recipe makes the perfect dish to cook for guests or a dinner party which also makes it a perfect dish for the festive season that is coming up soon. It’s actually also super easy to prepare, which makes this an even greater recipe. Cause who doesn’t love a quick, easy and delicious recipe?
Anyways, let’s get cooking!
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic
- 150g Mushrooms finely chopped
- ½ leek, finely chopped
- 1 leaf of Kale, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbs ground hazelnuts
- 1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- Additional ingredients:
- 1 baby pumpkin, halved deseeded
- 4 tbs Pomegranate seeds
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush your pumpkin halves with coconut oil and sprinkle it with salt, pepper and dried rosemary. Place on a baking sheet (cut-side up). Bake for 40-50 minutes or until softened.
- Heat up some coconut oil in a pan and sauté the onions and garlic until translucent. Add , leek, mushrooms, rosemary, ground hazelnuts and season with salt and pepper. Fry on medium for 7-10 minutes until the mushroom have browned and the leeks have softened. Lower the heat and add balsamic and kale, sautée for another 2 minutes or until the kale has wilted. Mix in ¾ of the pomegranate seeds.
- When your pumpkin is baked fill them with the filling and garnish with more pomegranate seeds and tahini. Serve along side a salad or with a grain of your choice. I imagine that black rice would go incredibly well with this. If there’s any leftover filling just eat it on the side.