N’oatmeal? What on earth is that supposed to be? Well, let me answer your question, so I basically used the concept of preparing baked oatmeal yet I didin’t used oats. Instead I went for millet flakes and yes, you guessed it, it tasted just as amazing. Other than that I added a bunch of frozen berries, you could add fresh ones if you’re making this in summer. Yet it’s winter here, in fact the road was icy this morning so it is pretty friggin cold right now, hence no fresh berries for me. Anyways, to the millet and berries I added oatmilk, cinnamon, chia seeds, lucuma and mashed banana, to sweeten it. I mixed it all up, baked it and voila, one of the most delicious brunch/breakfasts was created. It’s sweet, creamy, delicious and super warming, the perfect winter breakfast.
- ½ cup millet flakes (45g)
- 100g frozen berries ( I used blueberries and black berries)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp lucuma
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 dash salt
- 1 mashed banana
- ½ cup oat milk (120ml)
- 1 cup water (240ml)
- coconut yogurt
- additional fruit
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Add all the Ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a lightly greased cast iron skillet and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes.
- Serve straight out of the oven and top with a dollop of coconut yogurt and some additional fruit. I also poured over some more oat milk.
Happy N’oatmeal munching and happy third of advent!