I am Fanny, a twenty-one-year-old student from Switzerland who loves food. I started this blog in May 2014 after I baked a birthday cake for my sister by using my very own recipe. At the time I had been thinking about starting a blog for a while and for some reason it felt like the perfect day back then. Until now I have yet to regret the decision I had made on the 26th of May 2014 after enjoying slice of scrupmtious rhubarb cake.
I am still at university and I am also currently writing my very own cookbook, which is going to be published in Autumn 2017, hence I do not have time to post a recipe every single day. Yet if you want to get updated a bit more regularly I suggest you start following my Instagram @fannythefoodie on which I am able to post much more frequently.
Last but not least, I personally always like to know who’s behind those food pictures on the blogs I follow (yes I am a very nosy person) that is why I decided to share a few random facts about me:
- My name is Fanny, yes this is my actual name and yes Fanny is a name and it is even used in English literature (e.g. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen) So now that the thing about my name is all clear, I’ll go on with some more interesting stuff.
- I’ve been a foodie ever since I can remember. I used to be the weird kid who ate at the grown-up table at birthdays and other sorts of parties, cause that’s where they got the real food. I wasn’t impressed by chips and ketchup, I wanted the fancy stuff.
- One of the reasons for me being so passionate about food is probably the fact that I grew up being spoilt with the most beautiful cooked food, either by my parents or one of their incredibly talented friends. There’s this one couple in their friendship group who are literally the most passionate cooks I have ever met and their food tastes like heaven. Then there’s a friend of my parents who always came up with the strangest combinations and he also supplied me with the coolest book ever a book with pictures of all the ingredients you could use in the kitchen. And yes 10-year-old-me LOVED this book. And lastly my mum’s wonderful friend who cooked lunch for my sister and I every Wednesday for years. She’s the queen of Indian curries and Greek cuisine!
- My favourite cuisine is definitely the Italian one. I just love how they create the most amazing tasting dishes with only few and simple ingredients. I also love Indian, Vietnamese and Japanese food though.
- When I don’t cook I like going on runs. I actually run with Adidas Runners Zurich, the best of all running crews! I am one of their crew runners who leads runs on the occasion. I also like other sports such as yoga, I just enjoy being active.
- I love summer. I am one of those people who absolutely can’t stand winter. I sometimes think I live in the wrong country. Seriously I just can’t stand the cold. There’s literally nothing fun about winter. At least in my opinion.
I hope you’ll enjoy reading my cooking adventures, if you’ve got any question, don’t hesitate to ask.
contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org