The other day I had to come up with a yummy pre-run snack for an article about adidas Runners Zurich, which will be published in 20 Minuten Friday. I am a very passionate runner myself and was thrilled to come up with such a creation. However, you can also enjoy this snack in a study break during exam time or as a little pick-me-up mid-afternoon.
The perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
I was actually inspired by a post I saw ages ago on one of my fave blogs, green kitchen stories, a while back. I couldn’t remember what they added but I still had the beautiful image in mind so I just came up with my won version and it turned out absolutely delicious.
A delicious combination of lime and berries.
The base to this creation was a combination of dates, puffed quinoa and almond butter. I then added a bunch of dried berries and lime juice for a nice fruity tang as well as pumpkin seed and chopped almonds for the roight amount of crunch. To finished it all of I decorated the bars with a thin layer of 90% chocolate and to make them look as pretty as they tasted I decorated the bars with dried roses, freeze dried fruit and lime zest.
- For the base:
- 110g pitted Dates , roughly chopped
- 110g almond butter
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 30g almonds, chopped, roughly chopped
- 30g pumpkin seed, roughly chopped
- 20g puffed quinoa
- 1 lime, zest
- 100g dried berries (bluebs, cherries, cranberries, aronia berries, etc. )
- For decorating:
- freeze dried berries, dried roses, lime zest
- 50g dark chocolate (90%)
- In a blender blend together dates, almond butter, coconut oil and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Add the mixture into a bowl and stir in the nuts and seeds, puffed quinoa and the dried berries as well as the lime zest. Flatten into a 1.5cm thick square. Store in the fridge over night.
- The next day melt the chocolate and spread it on to the date quinoa bar. Decorate with freeze dried berries, dried roses and lime zest. And let it set in the fridge. Afte one hour cut it into equally sized bars and eat immediately or store for later. Make sure to store them n the fridge.
Have a wonderful and enjoy these dleicious bars!