Crostini on a whole nother level or what to put on those little toasted slices of bread when tomatoes aren’t in season.
Hey there! Is anyone cooking for guest sometime soon? Or are you just planning to have a beautiful meal with your family. Well, then I’ve got the perfect recipe for you: mushroom and thyme crostini with vegan ricotta spread, amazing, let me tell you.
I love this recipe whenever I am cooking for guests.
Crostini are in fact one of my favourite things to prepare as an appetizer for guests. They are so versatile and they always look like you’ve put a ton of effort in to making them, however, they were in fact prepared within minutes. In summer I like to go for the classic tomato and olive oil version, however, during this time of the year I like to experiment a little. That is why I came up with this mushroom and thyme version, which was made even more special by adding a layer of my vegan “ricotta”, which is also prepared within minutes.
Crostini are the perfect side or appetizer!
I also love having crostini as a side whenever I don’t feel like preparing a grain or pasta, they go wonderfully with a variety of roasted vegetables and salad. Imagine a tray of beautifully roasted seasonal veggies with loads of fresh herbs alongside a huge bowl of fresh greens with a light dressing and then a few of these on the side, is your mouth watering yet? Well, mine sure is. So let’s get going with the recipe:
So let’s get cooking!
- For the Ricotta:
- 150g Tofu
- 1 Lemon, juice (1tbs) and zest
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Miso
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- For the Mushrooms:
- 1 tsp Oliveoil
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g Mushrooms, sliced
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Additional Ingredients:
- 1 loaf of bread, sliced
- a few radishes, thinly sliced
- Blend together Tofu, lemon juice, zest, salt, miso and nutritional yeast until smooth and creamy, put aside for later.
- For the mushrooms, heat up some olive oil in a pan and sautée the garlic, add the mushrooms and thyme and fry over medium heat for about five minutes or until the mushrooms have browned and halved in size .
- Toast your bread in the oven or a pan and spread some of the ricotta on top. Top off with the mushrooms and garnish with the thinly sliced radishes and fresh thyme.
Enjoy cooking, I hope you get to share these yummies with some beautiful people!