I know, it’s been a while since I’ve last been active on here, but well life gets busy sometimes and blogging is in fact not my full time job. As a matter of fact, it is not my job at all, it is my hobby, my passion, something I love doing in my free time. Apparently I did not have a whole lot of the latter recently, at least according to my latest lack of recipe posts. Thinking back I didn’t feel like I was all that busy at the time, yet I am now realising that I had a whole lot of deadlines from university as well as work plus of course a life outside work, uni and blogging. I guess I sometimes don’t even realise myself how much I am actually doing. This is quite unusual for me as I am one of those people that just needs her alone time, I am serious here, sometimes I just need to be alone, sometimes I actually enjoy walking through the city all by myself, watching people and wondering what they are up to. Sometimes I love going on long walks, looking at trees and flowers while thinking about life. And sometimes when I desperately need that minute of me-time I bake, cakes, muffins, banana bread, you name it. And that brings me back to the actual purpose of today’s post, another recipe, hooray!
First of all this recipe involves blueberries and I surely know that they are so not in season right now (at least in Switzerladn they’re not). But I am really really bad at resisting all the beautiful looking berries at the supermarket, even though I am completely aware, that they are going to be much better later into the year. They are literally screaming at me: “Fanny, buy us, we want to be in one of your recipes!!!”
They are really..
Ok they’re not. But I still ended up buying a batch and decided to create a delicious blueberry chocolate loaf cake with them. And yes, it turned out AMAZING! Sweet, yet not too sweet, chocolatey, moist, just yummm!
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup agave
- 1tbs chia seeds mixed with 3tbs water
- a dash of salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1tbs baking powder
- optional ingredients for topping:
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- 1tbs cacao nibs
- 25g dark chocolate (I used simply saintly 60% by conscious chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Add the apple sauce, coconut oil, agave, vanillla, salt and the chia seed water mixture into a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Stift in the flour, the baking powder and cacao powder and then fold, mi until the batter has come together and then fold in the blueberries
- Pour the batter into a lined loaf tin.
- Top with additional blueberries, chocoalte and cacao nibs
- Bake for 40 mintues or until a tooth pick stuck into the middle comes out clean. Let it cool for a bit and then enjoy, I personally find it the most delicious when it’s still slightly wPreheat the oven to 180°C
So people, now as always, I highly suggest you to recreate this recipe. Print out this recipe, turn off your computer and get started. I’ll be back soon with another recipe, pinky promise!