Guess what guys, there’s a new juice place in town! It’s called Juicery 21 and when I walked towards it I felt like I just travelled around the globe to somewhere in New York. Not that I have ever been there but I like scrolling trough pinterest and vritually travelling the world. Well all I can really judge is that it definitely didn’t look Zurich-like. Don’t ask me to define Zurich-like but for all you Zurich folks I am sure you all get what I mean by looking at the photo above.
I mean this in a positive way though, I love the fact that it’s different than anything else in Zurich. I love that I was already impressed by the outside of this new place without even having tried their juices or breakfasts.
The morning I went there I forgot to have breakfast as I was running late before going to the farmer’s market with my friend Delfina who by the way takes AMAZING pictures (@finisgreenkitchen). As I missed breakfast before leaving the house I decided to make up for it and have my brekkie at Juicery21.
As my friend and I entered we were nicely welcomed by one of the owners as we were checking out the menu we found out that they had only just opened about four weeks ago and that they make all their juices in the basement of the building. They even have a window built into the floor so one can actually get a glance on how they make their wonderful juices.
I then decided to go for a green juice and oatmeal with passion fruit and mango. My friend Delfina ordered the same juice but she decided to try the bliss ball, which was by the way the biggest bliss ball I have ever seen.
As the juices and the energy ball were already made and oatmeal doesn’t take long to make we got our food within seconds and we sat down at one of the rather small tables to enjoy our breakfast/mid-morning snack while chatting and reading Frankie, an Australian magazine, they had lying around for customers to look at.
When we were finished I also decided to buy one of their organic almond milks as I am always on the hunt for delicious milk alternatives and it did not disappoint. It was definitely one of the best almond milks I have had.
- Prices: The oatmeal as well as coffee and Bagles are very affordable. The juices and almond milk are on the pricier side at 10.- per juice/milk, however I personally think this is justifiable as they are cold pressed and as for the almond milk the ingredients are also organic.
- Food: I can only judge about the bliss ball and the oatmeal and both we delicious. However I was a bit disappointed that the oatmeal was served in a paper cup instead of a bowl and the fruit was just thrown on there and not very nicely arranged, but that’s just my preference, I just like my food to look pretty. As for the drinks, I must admit I am completely in love with the design of the bottles!
- Atmospeher and interior: Small but there is enough seating space for a few people and it’s perfect for a quick juice break or breakfast. However it is not one of those coffee shops I would go to if I wanted to sit there for a whole afternoon.
- Staff: Super friendly and helpful, I can’t complain!
- Location: Juicery 21 is located basically right next to Bahnhof Selnau so it’s not ritght in the middle of the city yet still pretty central.
All in all I loved my experience at Juicery 21 and I would definitely go back, especially for the almond milk, cause it’s sooooo tasty! And I just loved the general vibe in that little place hidden in a side street of Zurich.
Have a great day people and let me know if you check out Juicery 21 and what you think about it.